The following are the criteria under which nominees will be judged:
- Learning orientation
This includes a commitment to unlearn and relearn, taking ownership of self-learning through various opportunities provided during and post-award ceremony and actively being part of the cross-learning spaces. Some of the dimensions to consider under this would be:
- Capacity for self-reflection
- Is there an identified learning agenda?
Motivation and commitment– Motivation and commitment are two key elements of volunteering. While doing Volunteering, it critical for an individual to stay motivated and committed to the cause and to bring about changes for the community. Some of the dimensions to consider under this could be:
- Level of motivation, passion, and commitment
- Is there any self-growth motive hinted by the applicant?
- Larger vision of bringing change or be a volunteer her/himself
- Demonstrated passion
Irrespective of knowledge of any skill, it is critical that the individual should have a passion to do something active and creative in their community/field area to create change. Dimension to be considered- How passionate is the volunteer about the issue/the idea?
- Social Inclusion
Social Inclusion- Greater understanding on all aspects of inclusion along with demonstration of the same through different means in the work done on field/community. That would include, however will not be limited to:
- How the applicant is relating to the experience of social exclusion and discrimination to her/his day-to-day life?
- Is there any direct linkage in terms of the idea/concept of the volunteering project and the experience of social exclusion or discrimination faced/witnessed by the applicant?
- Change in the community
Positive influencing the communities engaged with through the volunteering effort. That would include, however will not be limited to:
- Number of people reached out to. Depth of engagement with community
- Change made in the minds of the people, culture of the space, nature of a system or a process,
- Demonstrated evidence of a problem solved with examples and stories.
- A written or video testimonial from member of the community.
- Creativity and innovation
It’s always an added advantage if creativity and innovation are bought in the way individuals interact with the community. For example: Innovativeness and creativity or any Innovation or experiment that the person has tried out while volunteering project