Volunteer For Change
V-Awards, an initiative by the UN Volunteers India, aims to celebrate young people, who are making the world a better place for all, through their acts of volunteerism, every day and everywhere. Supported by UNICEF and development agencies, such as Mash Project, Bhumi, iVolunteer, ComMutiny – The Youth Collective, Pravah, Restless Development, SBI Foundation, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and VSO India. The V-Awards will recognize extraordinary young people, who are changing their lives and of the communities around them.
V-Awards are especially relevant in India because we have the world’s largest youth population. Harnessing this resource will unleash unprecedented gains for India. Through these awards, we want to recognize the efforts made by young people and encourage others to do more.
V-Awardees 2018 has been finalized
and will be announced on December 5, 2018
You must be a citizen of India;
You must be between 16-29 years;
You must have volunteered for a minimum of 150 hours in a volunteering project spread over the past one year;
Your actions must have meaningful engagement with communities.
- Last Date Extended till 20th October 2018 : Application period
- September – October: Review of applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Update of status to all candidates (candidates moving to the second round will be guided for the next phase of information and those who are not moving forward)
- End of October: a Telephonic review of second-round candidates. This review takes a closer look at the application packages and determines those candidates who will be selected for interviews
- Start of November: Status update to candidates.
- December 5: Award Ceremony to recognize the volunteers
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the V-Awards in India
- You have all the information at hand, you will be required to share with us your evidence of volunteering in form of, pictures, certifications, reference letter and other relevant documents.