Volunteer For Change
V-Awards, an initiative by the UN Volunteers India, aims to celebrate young people, who are making the world a better place for all, through their acts of volunteerism, every day and everywhere.
The V-Awards will recognise extraordinary young people, who are changing their lives and of the communities around them.
V-Awards are especially relevant in India because we have the world’s largest youth population. Harnessing this resource will unleash unprecedented gains for India. Through these awards, we want to recognise the efforts made by young people and encourage others to do more.
Applications are open for V-Awards 2022
Nomination Deadline: October 26th, 2022
You must be a citizen of India;
You must be between 15-29 years;
You must have volunteered for a minimum of 150 hours in a volunteering project spread over the past one year;
Your actions must have meaningful engagement with communities.
- Deadline – 26th October 2022
- September – October:
- Review of applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria.
- Update of status to all candidates (candidates moving to the second round will be guided for the next phase of information and those who are not moving forward)
- End of October: Telephonic review of second-round candidates. This review takes a closer look at the application packages and determines those candidates who will be selected for interviews
- Start of November: Status update to candidates.
- December 5: Award Ceremony to recognize the volunteers
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility of the V-Awards India
- You have all the information at hand, you will be required to share with us evidence of volunteering in form of, pictures, certifications, reference letter and other relevant documents.